Space and Geosciences
Space and Geoscience
According to the reports, value of the global space economy in 2015 was about $323 billion, and the global turnover of the remote sensing space industry was about $ 61 billion. The variety of space related technologies including electronics, telecommunications, mechanics, remote sensing and materials, highlights the importance of this industry and its significant role in development of the country.
Considering the countrys situation and developments achieved in recent years in design and manufacturing of satellites and satellite carriers and emergence of knowledge-based companies, there are appropriate capacities for expanding activities in this field.
Some of the achievements inspace industry are:
- Identifying national priorities and providing innovative solutions;
- Establishing effective communication with research centers and knowledge based companies;
- Cooperation with developed and countries and the technology owners in this field.
Disaster management is defined as planning and preparedness for action to be taken before, during and after natural or man-made disasters in order to reduce the resulting damages. Geoscience including earth science related technologies and analysis of information extracted from collected data is closely associated to safety and quality of life in the society.
According to the international reports, regarding its geographical location, Iran is one of the high-risk countries in terms of natural disasters; therefore, disaster management in reducing disaster risks in the country is of particular importance.
Some capacities and advantages of Iran in this area are:
- Climate variability with distinct characteristics;
- Indigenous capability and knowledge capacities;
- Role of Iran in the region and its good relations with the neighboring countries.
Some of the achievements ingeophysics and disaster management include:
- International cooperation to facilitate the relationship between the related local organizations and international agencies;
- Supporting the capable domestic companies;
- Monitoring the current situation and tracing the challenges in geophysics and disaster management;
- Strengthening technology diplomacy in this field.